RSS
1st_mate_Ann
(@1st_mate_ann)
Swab

Hi! My name is Ann and I searched for live aboard podcasts and found Drop Anchor. My husband Joe and I have a 34 Hunter sailboat which we keep in Sturgeon Bay, WI. We live about 80 miles away but are up every weekend from Thursday through Monday. We plan set sail, hopefully next summer, to Florida from here. We will be living on our boat for about a year to see how we like it. My husband is retired and I plan to be soon from my job as a graphic artist. I plan to do some freelance from the boat when we make the big trip. Our kids are out of the house so we are free to roam. Although it looks like Kendra and Josh aren't having a problem with their three, lol. I haven't left a review on iTunes yet but will shortly!

We've only owned sailboats (hobie cat, 27ft Oday)  but have power boating friends and that is very appealing also but don't think my husband would ever "switch teams"...

I'm looking forward to more podcasts and learning anything I can before next summer.

Posted : 11/10/2019 3:31 pm
dropanchorpodcast
(@dropanchorpodcast)
Admiral Admin

Thanks so much for stopping by and introducing yourself! And welcome to the community.

Working free-lance and going everywhere on the boat seems like a great ideal. My wife and I are both employees, but we are both SO fortunate to be able to set our own schedules and appointments for our jobs, which allows us the time to extend our weekends, as well as quickly address emergencies on the boat! (We've had a few minor emergencies so far.)

www.dropanchorpodcast.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2019 2:25 pm
Share: