Holding tank TP  

RSS
Jpc
 Jpc
(@jpc)
Swab

Hi 

I just found you podcast and have binge listened over the last few days. I’ve actually looked at your tolleycraft online a few times. I’m currently shopping for a live aboard and have been for at least a year. On one of your podcast you said you use a can for toilet paper cause your not supposed to flush it, so I was wondering if you know about the fast dissolving TP for use on boats ??

keep up the cool show 

thanks John. 

Posted : 21/10/2019 2:16 pm
dropanchorpodcast
(@dropanchorpodcast)
Admiral Admin
Posted by: @jpc

Hi 

I just found you podcast and have binge listened over the last few days. I’ve actually looked at your tolleycraft online a few times. I’m currently shopping for a live aboard and have been for at least a year. On one of your podcast you said you use a can for toilet paper cause your not supposed to flush it, so I was wondering if you know about the fast dissolving TP for use on boats ??

keep up the cool show 

thanks John. 

Hi John! Thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad you're enjoying the show.

So, I'm still learning about all of this, and a few people have actually asked me about this very topic, particularly because "fast dissolving TP" literally exists! In our situation, the company that does the pump-outs actually advised against it. I have no idea why, but I can't think of anything worse than ticking-off the pump-out folks. So... for that reason, no toilet paper down the toilet for us!

www.dropanchorpodcast.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2019 2:22 pm
Jpc
 Jpc
(@jpc)
Swab

@dropanchorpodcast

Hmmm. That’s good to know !! I’m gonna look into that some more. I currently have a Carver cabin cruiser and don’t want those kind of issues. 
thanks John 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2019 2:50 pm
NealJ
(@nealj)
Swab

I think the bigger question is: What is the appropriate tip for a $25 Emergency pump out?  I'm thinking minimum $20...definitely people you want to keep happy!

Really enjoying the podcast, thanks for sharing your adventures!

(not a liveaboard but a new-ish boater in the Seattle area)

Neal

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2019 9:33 am
Share: